Father's Day Special: If Memory Serves
By: Danny S. Villanueva
August 2030, San Jose, Ca., a family reunion. Tonino, Rol, Noli, Danny and Dodje are talking about the inconveniences of growing old.
" Sometimes," Tonino confessed, "when I go to the refrigerator, I cannot remember if I am putting something in or taking something out."
"Oh, that's nothing," said Rol. "There are times when I find myself at the foot of the stairs wondering if I am going up or if I have just come down."
"Hahaha! Same here," admitted Noli. "Every time I parked my car in a big parking lot, it takes me hours to find it."
"Me, too!" Danny asserted. "This is really embarrassing. Sabrie would always correct me for not remembering correctly the names of my children."
"Well, thank goodness I am not married like you guys. See how marriage and old age can do to your memory! " Dodje happily exclaimed. "I am certainly glad I don't have any problems like that," and he knocks on wood. "Oh," Dodje said, standing up out of his chair, "there's someone at the door." DSV

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home