MIDLIFE CRISIS, ANYONE?
By: Danny S. Villanueva
After Sabrie and I attended a 3-day LIGHTING UP retreat at Don Bosco-Batulao, Batangas, we were really made aware that we are going through the so-called "midlife crisis." Here are the obvious signs:
· I perceive that my 10-10, Bing, Cathy, Eloy and Mark are like sponges. They absorb all my strength and leave me limp. But every time I give anyone of them a squeeze, I get all my strength back. Hmmmmmm. Yes!!!
And if I squeeze all of them, I become Superman, the man of steel. Up, up and away!!! That's the superhero syndrome in me. If I get to squeeze Sabrie, she gets in shape……hahaha. She loves that squeeze. #
· And Sabrie would complain to me: "Of course, Papa, machine really have feelings, you know. Otherwise, when the washing machine stops working, why should the rice cooker breakdown?" Lesson- even appliances do get old, too …. to midlife crisis. Need to get new replacement. #
· When Sabrie and I were packing for our annual retreat, I got really uptight. She packed by the "Noah Method- takes 2 of everything even if we were going to a 3-day retreat." Sign: That's her growing spiritual maturity. #
· Since Sabrie left her job as supermarket comptroller late last year, she has been busy as a home-maker. She says: "I always accomplish a lot on Saturdays. It is the day I get everything done I was going to do Mondays." Meaning: She could have more beauty rest now than before. Tumataba tuloy… katutulog. #
· Aside from being a very good accountant, Sabrie is a bookworm! She emerges from the bank: "Funny thing with check books. Once I have started one, I just could not put it down until I have finished." Naloko na po, baka tumalbog. #
· Sabrie's wit and humor of old: One day Mark invited some classmates to take their merienda at home. Sabrie started to prepare chicken and egg sandwiches for them. She calls them, "Come and get it! See which comes first." Hahaha. #
· Sabrie found a note pasted on the computer monitor's screen: "Mama, please help me with my homework on English composition. Love, Mark." Recognizing that she could not help him, she quickly typed and printed a response: Der Mark, I wold lov to hep out evry wey I ken. Lov, Mama." Meaning: I will be doing Mark's homework. # DSV

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home